Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Not Every Day is a Field Day

 Some days I get to drive around Iceland and see awesome landscapes, birds, lakes and flowers.  Those days are balanced by days where the only scenery I see is this:

Yesterday I received the questionable honor of digitalizing old lab notebooks.  This involves hitting a button, flipping a page, and hitting the button again over and over.  Also I did this while standing on a chair because I'm just a couple inches too short to comfortably see what I'm scanning.  But at least I got to jam out to music while I worked (although I did get some weird looks when people saw me standing a chair dancing and working the photocopier). 

I also did some small tasks for the aquatic side of the project, including finding a suitable piece of metal to fix a floating incubation rack, adding longer strings to the tubes below, and designing a labeling system to hold said tubes.


Also, somebody thought it was a good idea to give me a drill

No comments:

Post a Comment