Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Farewell to Husavik

After a rather interesting charter fishing trip taken by some members of our group led to complementary dinners at a swanky restaurant in Husavik, we decided to take one last trip up to Husavik before the end of the summer.  Husavik will always hold a place in my heart as the closest outpost of civilization and the place we'd usually go to do touristy things and eat at restaurants.  Because we didn't all get free meals at the fancy restaurant, a few of us went to a different seafood restaurant we had coupons for.  I'm not usually a big fan of fish but the cod shish-kebab I had was pretty good!  We also hit up the souvenir shops.  I think I found everything I needed for a special someone back home, but I'm not telling what I got!

We also decided to check out a thermal pool just outside of Husavik.  It was possibly my favorite swimming spot in Iceland!  It's a man-made dam in a hot stream which resulted in a good-sized, bathtub temperature lake.  We could tell it was artificial because of the sandy bottom, strategically placed plants to prevent erosion, and some goldfish I spotted swimming in the lake!


The steaming stream

No comments:

Post a Comment