Monday, May 28, 2012

So bad news first - I am horrible at predicting Eurovision.  Sweden won, which was my favorite, but second was a screeching woman with a bun made of dreadlocks that looked like a dead animal, and third was a group I couldn't even remember.  Iceland was towards the bottom, and another one of my favorites, Norway, was dead last.  Norway's snazzy boy band with wicked dance moves got beat out by Engelbert Humperdinck of the UK singing one of the cheesiest songs I've ever heard.  Apparently I do not know the psyche of Europe.

And the good news - our luggage is here! Clean clothes never felt so good.  The only problem is that my shower supplies were apparently confiscated, which I don't understand, but at least that's easily replaceable.  Or at least it would be if stores were open on Sunday and if Monday wasn't a holiday (not Memorial Day - they celebrate the day after Pentecost, which they call White Sunday).  I have about 400 pictures to sort through now!  Be prepared for a flood of pictures on this blog.

And to start - our journey to Myvatn!


Iceland from above



The lab's favorite coffee house in Akureyri, the Blaue Kanne



The grocery store in Akureyri.  That pig does not look healthy.


Godafoss - the story goes that when Iceland converted to Christianity, this one guy threw the old idols down the waterfall - hence its name, which means waterfall of the gods.

No comments:

Post a Comment